This is very simple German VAT calculator. It can be used as well as reverse VAT calculator so it is easy to calculate VAT inclusive and exclusive prices
Select regular (19%) or reduced (7%) Value Added Tax rate and then enter any figure you know:
- VAT value – price including VAT and price excluding VAT will be calculated
- price including VAT – VAT value and price excluding VAT will be calculated
- price exclusive VAT – VAT value and price including VAT will be calculated
What is VAT rate in Germany?
Current VAT rate in Germany is 19% for most goods and services. There is reduced VAT rate (7%) for some goods and services. Reduced VAT rate applies e.g. on sales of certain foods, books, transports, magazines, flowers.
VAT exemptions in Germany
Certain goods and services are exempted from VAT by law.
The following are exempted from VAT in Germany:
- services provided in an honorary or voluntary capacity.
- financial services (e.g. granting loans)
- value-added by certain institutions providing general education or vocational training
- export deliveries
- intra-Community supply of goods
- services provided by certain professional groups (e.g. doctors)
- cultural services provided to the public (e.g. by zoos, public theatres, museums, etc.),
- letting real estate in the long-term